- Notify friends and family of new address.
- 2-3 weeks prior to moving, notify post office of address change.
- 6-8 weeks prior to moving, change address for all subscriptions.
- Change address on all credit cards.
- Notify company of new location for life, health, fire and auto coverages.
- Transfer funds.
- Arrange check-cashing in new location.
- Arrange credit references.
- Gas, electric,water, telephone, disposal service, etc...
- Ask for refunds on any deposits made.
- Return TV cable boxes.
- Get referrals from current doctor/dentist for new doctor/dentist in new area.
- Obtain or have medical records transferred.
- Transfer prescriptions.
- Ask current veterinarian for referrals for a new veterinarian in new area.
- Have pets records transferred.
- Find out about regulations for licenses, vaccinations, tags, etc... in new area.
Other Things To Remember
- Empty freezer, and refridgerator.
- Defrost and clean refridgerator.
- Plan for special care needs for children and pets.
- Check with Department of Agriculture in new area regarding restrictions on plants.
Day of the Move:
- Carry enough cash or traveler's checks to cover cost of moving services and expenses until you make banking connections in your new city.
- Carry jewelry and documents with you or use certified mail.
- Notify friends and/or relatives of your travel route and overnight stops.
- Double-check closets, shelves, bathrooms, and cupboards for anything you may have missed.
- Leave old keys, garage door openers, broiler pans, instruction manuals, etc. for new owner with real estate agent.
At Your New Home:
- Obtain certified checks or cashier's checks necessary for closing your real estate transaction.
- Check on service of telephone, electric, gas, etc
- Check water heater, pilot light inside oven and furnace.
- Register car(s) within 5 days, apply for new driver's license, and record new address on license(s).
- Register to vote.
- Transfer auto club membership.
- Register children in school.
- Locate and register in new place of worship.
- Arrange for new doctors, dentist, pharmacy, etc.
Tips For Sellers
|How to Get Every Dollar You Deserve
|The ability to reap additional profits on the sale of your home can be accomplished easily enough if you make the right improvements. Basic, simple and inexpensive improvements can provide an improved emotional response in a potential buyer.