- Notify friends and family of new address.
- 2-3 weeks prior to moving, notify post office of address change.
- 6-8 weeks prior to moving, change address for all subscriptions.
- Change address on all credit cards.
- Notify company of new location for life, health, fire and auto coverages.
- Transfer funds.
- Arrange check-cashing in new location.
- Arrange credit references.
- Gas, electric,water, telephone, disposal service, etc...
- Ask for refunds on any deposits made.
- Return TV cable boxes.
- Get referrals from current doctor/dentist for new doctor/dentist in new area.
- Obtain or have medical records transferred.
- Transfer prescriptions.
- Ask current veterinarian for referrals for a new veterinarian in new area.
- Have pets records transferred.
- Find out about regulations for licenses, vaccinations, tags, etc... in new area.
Other Things To Remember
- Empty freezer, and refridgerator.
- Defrost and clean refridgerator.
- Plan for special care needs for children and pets.
- Check with Department of Agriculture in new area regarding restrictions on plants.
Day of the Move:
- Carry enough cash or traveler's checks to cover cost of moving services and expenses until you make banking connections in your new city.
- Carry jewelry and documents with you or use certified mail.
- Notify friends and/or relatives of your travel route and overnight stops.
- Double-check closets, shelves, bathrooms, and cupboards for anything you may have missed.
- Leave old keys, garage door openers, broiler pans, instruction manuals, etc. for new owner with real estate agent.
At Your New Home:
- Obtain certified checks or cashier's checks necessary for closing your real estate transaction.
- Check on service of telephone, electric, gas, etc
- Check water heater, pilot light inside oven and furnace.
- Register car(s) within 5 days, apply for new driver's license, and record new address on license(s).
- Register to vote.
- Transfer auto club membership.
- Register children in school.
- Locate and register in new place of worship.
- Arrange for new doctors, dentist, pharmacy, etc.
Tips For Sellers
|Attn: For Sale By Owners! Why People are Scared…
|Many homeowners believe that to maximize their profit on a home sale they should sell it themselves. However, close to half of the FSBO’s said that they would hire a professional next time they sold. Thirty percent said they were unhappy with the results they achieved by choosing FSBO. Why?