Preparing Your Home For Sale
Research shows that buyers look for specific features. Attention to these details will dramatically impact the speed and price at which your home sells.
- Trim hedges and shrubs to allow clear visibility of your home and windows.
- Edge driveways and walkways for a finished, manicured look.
- Remove or repair anything that looks old or worn.
- Pay special attention to door and entryways.
- Remove any grease or oil spots on concrete.
- Add color with potted plants, especially around entryways.
- Clean or replace carpets and drapes.
- Clean windows, kitchens, and baths.
- Keep garage and closets clean and organized.
- Store items not in immediate use.
- Remove clutter, stacks of magazines, knickknacks, etc.
- Store all but minimum furniture and wall hangings.
- Eliminate any odors or unsightly stains.
- Paint where necessary.
- Add fresh flowers throughout.
- Keep fresh, matching towels and soaps in baths.
- Clear kitchen and bath counters of everything but bare essentials.
Tips For Sellers
|Ten Questions to Ask Your Realtor
|Most of us sell only a small number of homes in our lifetimes. With limited experience in real estate how are we to be capable of maximizing the profits from our home sale?